View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2019-12-24, 16:55

What a piece of junk.

On a positive note, of the 22 things I predicted Friday before last in that other thread, I nailed the shit out of a solid 18-19 of them. And not because I'm cool or "dialed-in" to any sort of degree, but because I know J.J. Abrams and his approach/tactics and the kind of idiocy he'd desperately pull out of his bag of tricks here on this final one. I knew that idiot would find a way to put Han Solo in this thing.

Maybe I'll write more later, or in the coming days. I feel like I should, but it's just going to be everything I suspected/assumed/predicted in that other thread brought to life. So part of me is "why even bother?".

Good grief, what a wasted opportunity the past four years (and three movies) have represented. Out of everything you could bitch or squawk about (and there's plenty), just the fact that a major, known studio - with all the talent and resources at their disposal - could just completely screw up something to such a degree, at so many levels.

It's almost amazing, the level of foolishness and ball-dropping that's marks this series of movies.

Yeah, I'll be gathering my thoughts - many of them - in the coming hours/days and I'll make my case...