View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-11-18, 12:28

The iPod touch is only "a thing" because it still "exists". We haven't sold one in over a year, took them off the display table 6 months ago, and look cross-eyed at anyone who asks about them, which happens once every … hmmmm

The 7th-gen iPod nano was the last truly great iPod. I have one in my truck; it holds everything I care to listen to; and I wish Apple still made them exactly like that! Best iPod Apple ever made, and the silly things could now have 256GB for $199, no problem, and even include WiFi and an Apple Music app so Apple could sell subscriptions to people who just want a music player.

All I want is a darned music player that stays in the truck, and when the Nano dies Apple doesn't offer any kind of replacement, which equals a lost sales opportunity. So, I'll keep my eyes open for a used iPhone (or Touch, dare I say) to take over the role of playing freaking music!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)