View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-11-23, 14:23

No, not at all. You did well.

I'm just saying that I wouldn't be aware of Serif if not for their Illustrator taker-oner. I snagged the $25 Photo because I occasionally need to do that kind stuff (and it's nice to have an image editor on hand), and I figured "I know Designer, how hard could their pixel-based counterpart be?" Kinda like how if you know Illustrator or Photoshop, the other one is a bit easy to get your head around.

I think there's a lot more bang-for-the-buck with the Serif Affinity stuff. And to have it on the iPad...yeah. I think you'll be happy. I'll open some Designer stuff in Photos to "sweeten" it, or add some shadow or texture effects. They work nicely together. As with Photoshop, I rarely start anything in Photo. But I'll use it to enhance or sweeten the vector work from Designer. And it makes for a nice "real life" training session, having to figure things out as you're doing actual work. I always remember things when they're learned in a "trial by fire" scenario because I'm completely focused and taking in/remembering everything I'm doing.

I'm happy with anything but the big A at this point. I played in their sandbox for nearly a quarter-century. Not looking to pay rent to do so. I like supporting a 12lb. monkey vs. an 800lb (bloated) gorilla, who reaches into my wallet every month.

I struggle with metaphors sometimes.