View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-01-05, 22:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
I wouldn't bother using it on a treadmill. The machine has its own distance, speed, and calorie counters anyway, right?

Go get some fresh air instead. if it's below freezing outside, just think of it like you're out skiing or training to box against Rocky Balboa. That's what I did when I ran with snow on the ground.
That's because the Corp has brainwashed you into thinking it's good to freeze! Oh, and you can't die without permission.

I just can't get myself into that running outside at subzero. I had to run a PRT on my ship above decks in the winter, underway and it sucked. Now, I would rather run on a treadmill when it's cold. I have to say though, after starting to use the Nike+ because of this challenge, I'm getting more and more into running/walking again. Who knows, maybe I'll see it like you do soon enough.

Oh and to calibrate for a treadmill, I adjusted the calibration to .5 miles and ran at 6 MPH and it calibrated fine. It wouldn't work for the base level of .25. I also found that this calibration is nothing close to walking/running on the street. Nike+ showed 1.2 miles and it should have shown 1.8 miles. So if you calibrate for a treadmill, don't expect to use that same sensor on the street and get an accurate reading.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.