View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-04-04, 13:44

The 16GB iPhone 4 refurbs (with cosmetic "blemishes") are back on AT&T's site for $79.

Bear in mind, this is what my sister got a few weeks ago (she and her husband both got one). There isn't a mark, scuff, ding or scratch on them anywhere, and the screens were perfect. So I'm not sure what the "blemish" stuff is all about (it might be a roll of the dice...you might get a perfect one, or you might get one with a few scuffs?). In any case, for $120 off the current-generation iPhone 4, that's pretty nice.

And with this latest talk of the iPhone 5 possibly being delayed until fall, those holding out for their June updates may no longer feel the need. You may want to jump on one of these (especially if you've got a first- or second-generation iPhone) and ride it out for another 18 or so months and get an iPhone 6 or 7 down the road?

Off-topic (click to toggle):
In fact, as with my Macs, I do believe my future iPhone purchases will be done this way. I'll probably just wait six or so months into whatever is out and snag a refurb model of the current-generation for way less than $199. Unlike my first-generation iPhone, this 4 I have feels like it has some serious legs, so I won't be all torqued-up to get "whatever's next" and can ride this out for at least another fully year (and probably beyond). Especially if the iPhone release schedule starts to get wonky and unpredictable, it may be easier to just "go with the flow" and not try to plan any June/July purchases, or expect those regular updates.