View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-09-11, 23:45

If you're inspired by Star Fox 64 3D, the new red color, or [insert whatever Nintendo announces tomorrow] to pick up a 3DS, you might want to know that Target is including free cases — "a $19.99 value" — with 3DSes this week. I'm not really a case person, but if you are, it's almost like getting a 3DS for $150. Almost!

Also, anybody who buys Star Fox 64 3D at Target can get a second game (so, Zelda) for half off. This makes Star Fox a better value; I love it to death and I imagine it's a perfect showcase for the 3D effect, but it's a bit short and already-played-to-death for me to justify dropping $39.99 on it. Though if you haven't played Star Fox 64, first of all what's wrong with you and second of all it's totally worth the entry price. Including a 3DS. Because it's Star Fox.

In fact, with both of these deals together, you could get a 3DS, case, Zelda and Star Fox for $210. Or if you have Target's free debit card, $199. A brand new system and two of gaming's definitive experiences for $200! If you haven't played those games before, it's hands-down the best $200 you could spend on gaming this year (because seriously, what else would you get, a Kinect? That horrible Skyrim collector's edition?).

If you wait until the holidays, you might be able to get Zelda and a gold triforce-y 3DS for $199. But you wouldn't get a case, or Star Fox. Or three extra months of joy. So I think the proper course of action is clear.

Please buy a 3DS.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong