View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-11-29, 22:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJohn View Post
So I've been wondering a lot lately, what exactly is Christian rock? Is it just rock made by people who happen to be Christian? Is there some sort of litmus test applied? No dirty words? Does it really deserve its own genre?

I like a lot of what I've heard, it mostly sounds like regular rock 'n' roll. I don't usually hear anything exceptionally inspirational in the lyrics. And I certainly don't care about the religious affiliations of the musicians. Maybe some people do?.

Perhaps I'm missing something.
As jdcfsu said, the line has blurred a lot. In general, the genre denotes music that is specifically Christian in nature. ie, praise and worship songs with a rock beat to them. Most "Christian" artists are singing "Pop" songs too. Relient K is generally seen as one of these "cross-over" bands. While some of their songs aren't out-right, Jesus is Lord, a lot of them have an underriding theme that is Christian in its core.

johnny5w or jdcfsu, would you agree with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
I can tell you that from a regular iTunes song, my band gets $0.3185/song out of the $0.99
Well, that's not too bad, thought it would seem that you should get more than 33%.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.