View Single Post
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2006-05-25, 03:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes
We're working on a better solution.

So far it involves beer and a stripper. This might take a while.
Here's the the better solution.... Although I understand the reason for the change.

EDIT - Date of joining does not acurately convey someone's participation in the 'melee', unless coupled with post count IMHO.

I think the post information is relevant, not so much as in seniority in the forums, but so that newer users know a little bit about the people they are talking to. i.e. Someone with a few thousand posts is more likely to be a little more socially stable (present company excepted of course ) than somone who has just stumbled upon AN and feels like trolling..

i.e. a rebuke, or advice from somone with a few thousand posts will be taken more seriously than someone with 5! Often people are quick to retort here and I feel that without that information available at a glance, it runs us in to danger of more flame wars erupting..

Although I am sure the Overlords have already debated all this already.. Just thought I'd chuck my 2c in.

EDIT - From a personal point of view I find it interesting seeing people's post counts when I have been away for a week or so, or not spoken to them for a while.. That small pleasure seems to be denied now, unless one makes the effort to go and check out their info.

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt

Last edited by scratt : 2006-05-25 at 03:16.