View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-04-16, 20:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
The separate forum is great, but it needs to be Opt-in. Perhaps by using a group?
I could make it so the GamingNova forum is invisible by default, and you have to check a box in your user settings to make it visible, but that would only hide the forum listing, not the threads themselves. (edit: No, I could hide the threads too, effectively like the Moderator's Pub forum.) Besides, I don't want to hide the forum from guests, thereby requiring registration and custom settings to view.

To be honest, though, I'm tempted to just say "deal with it". There are plenty of threads I don't care about that show up when I check for new posts (the various sports threads, for instance, I couldn't care less about), but I just skim over them in the list and move on with life. Today, only 3 of the 18 threads (excluding this one) with new posts are about Minecraft. Activity will rise and fall periodically with those threads, just as it does for sports threads or new Apple product announcement threads or any other general type of thread.

Spoiler (click to toggle):

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.