View Single Post
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2010-01-27, 15:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcfsu View Post
Retweeting is used to send something someone said on your follow list to everyone else.
OK... see this if FUBAR. So you're saying, if I have 8 followers, and I retweet something from another person (maybe those 8 people follow that person already, maybe not - I don't know)... that it shows up not only on MY tweets page, but it shows up on their page too?

Quote:
Replying is a way of directly responding to something someone says. So if you like something I said, or want to make a comment or answer a question, then you use @username and respond to them. It's a way of creating a threaded conversation out of chaos. If you reply to someone and they don't follow you, it won't show up on their main feed but it will show up in their 'mentions' tab.
But it's really NOT threaded... because i replied to one guy that I am following (and who was following me first in fact), and it didn't show up on their page. I figured maybe this was because I saw THEIR tweet on MY follow page, and hit reply, and it then showed up only on MY tweets page. So I deleted, and went to their page, clicked reply directly on the post... and after I typed everything in and sent, it STILL only showed up (AFAICT) on my page. I put a little apology in there in case it showed up twice but I dont even think it showed up once.

For that matter what happens when you delete something... does it disappear off the followers' boards? Arggh! Maddening.

...into the light of a dark black night.