View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-07-21, 17:27

Yeah, I'm all for larger from the start since I always go diskless. This allows me more room to expand. I started with a DS413j back in the day. I now have a "normal" middle range (not j or + series) and a "+", which is 6 bay.

SHR Is not the same as RAID 5 or any of the others. Somewhere I read a great comparison, but I'm not going to dig it up now. I went with SHR and haven't looked back. I've had disks fail and no issues. I simply remove the bad disk and replace it with a new one and normally a larger one giving me more storage than I had before. It syncs the changes rebuilding the array with the new capacity and I'm back up and running.

It is slow on the start though, rebuilding and recovering from a disk failure will take time with larger disks in the unit.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.