View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-07-21, 20:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
SHR Is not the same as RAID 5 or any of the others. Somewhere I read a great comparison, but I'm not going to dig it up now. I went with SHR and haven't looked back. I've had disks fail and no issues. I simply remove the bad disk and replace it with a new one and normally a larger one giving me more storage than I had before. It syncs the changes rebuilding the array with the new capacity and I'm back up and running.

It is slow on the start though, rebuilding and recovering from a disk failure will take time with larger disks in the unit.
Well, I started typing that last post before dinner, walked away, came back hours later, and hit submit without checking for new replies. It looks like this might answer some of my questions. Thanks for the link!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.