View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-07-31, 19:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I'll grab some screenshots of the management UI to share later. Happy to answer any questions if you're curious.
…But then I realized that there's really not much interesting to show in screenshots. It's a pretty simple interface that looks and feels a lot like Cockpit, and it acts as a user-friendly wrapper for underlying commands with step-by-step forms to help novices.

Here's what my main dashboard looks like.

Other screens give you options to manage the disks themselves, various sharing services (SMB, NFS, etc.), users and credentials, system services (SSH, OpenVPN, etc), VMs (powered by KVM), "Apps" which are really Docker containers (powered by Kubernetes and Helm charts), and scheduled system maintenance commands. There's also a built-in CLI so you can run arbitrary commands through the web browser without SSH.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.