View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-03-18, 22:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
1) Never ever base purchase decisions on future, unannounced products (in this case, the 3G iPhone).

2) Don't be an early adopter.
So I'm supposed to wait for the Rev. B iPhone, but I'm not supposed to wait for the Rev. B iPhone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker
Remember the original iPod? No clickwheel (just a mechanical scrollwheel), no Dock connector (therefore, no USB 2 and ver few accessories), no Windows compatibility. By now we have a color screen, contacts, calendars, photos, videos, games, 16 times the capacity and a much lower price.
Yeah, but the original iPod came out over five years ago. I really don't want to wait five years to buy an iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472 View Post
Also, there is not going to be a contract based price reduction on the iPhone as we understand now anyway. So there is no reason to think you'll have to buy your phone at a contract renewal for the price Apple listed. While this might change by the time the phone is actually released, there is currently no reason to not already be in a contract as it will cost the same if you are signing on new/renewing or buying outright.
Apple says the price is $499/$599 with a two year contract. I'm only assuming the "full price" will be higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472
For the 3G part, how much are you really going to be surfing the web?
Lots. I'm an internet addict...

Oh, and I probably should have mentioned it in my original post, but I currently do not have any sort of portable music player whatsoever. Like, not even a CD player. So I'm kinda looking to get one of those, and I'd rather not wait until next year.

I'm leaning towards getting the iPhone this June. Using a Mac has taught me to value interface over raw specs. All the 3G data in the world won't help me if the browser is a pain in the ass to use.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong