View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-03-20, 00:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmahe19 View Post
Robo, I say get a cheap phone and wait till Rev. B. Personally, as I suspect it will be at least 12 months before there is an Australian release, I just bought a K800i to tide me over until the iPhone comes out... I have also skinned it to look like OS X yea....that helps with the wait...

Is prepaid an option for you? You could perhaps go prepaid with a cheapie phone, then if you REALLY must have the iPhone on release, you can?
Cingular/AT&T's prepaid system is called "GoPhone." When I was talking about hopping on GoPhone, that's what I meant. Sorry, I suppose that wouldn't be apparent to someone from outside the US.

And that's my current plan. I'll grab a prepaid GoPhone and use that until the iPhone comes out. This has the added benefit of allowing me to check out Cingular/AT&T's coverage before I sign a contract. I'll also be able to use my GoPhone as a backup phone, should anything happen to my iPhone (heaven forbid). Still, I'm planning on getting insurance for my iPhone, as long as it's the standard $5/month.

Part of me still thinks that we'll see the 3G iPhone at Macworld, but that's obviously not a guarantee, and I don't feel like waiting. Waiting until June is hard enough.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong