View Single Post
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2007-04-03, 10:24

Verizon just started advertising a 30 day trial period too. You pay up front but if you transfer your number to another provider within 30 days they refund what they charged you. That's what they said on the TV ad, but I'm sure there's a mountain of small print attached to this offer.

I too am deciding whether or not to get an iPhone and I'm not sure it makes sense for me. If I want it, then all 3 people on my plan have to sign up for data access. So just because I want an iPhone, I'd have to pay for the phone, reup the contract (which is conveniently ready to occur in June) plus buy 3 data plans when only I'd be using it. Or I could get my own plan, but then I'd be paying beaucoup bucks compared to what I'm doing now.

I don't think it's worth it, especially when I don't really care for the phone piece of the functionality. I want everything else. I'm thinking the Fall '08 iPods will have the iPhone functionality minus the phone part. The Fall '07 iPod update may have the touch screen & coverflow functionality of the iPhone but I doubt it'll have the WiFi parts + browser.