View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-27, 13:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
That was my original idea. A box with a cross. But I think that it's needlessly complicated. Would the upper and lower E/W routes get used much at all? We can add them as necessary but the H is simple, and easily expandable.
On a 2x2 grid, going straight across the top from one top corner (the UFO?) to the other (the hockey rink?) takes half as much time as going halfway down, then across, than back up. I think it's fairly inevitable that people are going to eventually be building things closer to due north and south of Bridgeport; we don't want to keep expanding the map and those rails would encourage us to use those parts of the map that we already have.

I'm not saying we have to build the additional three lines first, or anything, but I think we should allow for a future N/S-through-Bridgeport line in our station plans. At the very least, I don't think we should call the "bridging" line Purple, as if it'll always be the only one. (White would be my pick for the W/E line through Bridgeport. I mean, just look at the word: WhitE. And then Black could be the eventual corresponding N/S line.)

And yes, I'm overthinking this. But I'm a branding geek and a transit geek. Let me have my fun

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong