View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-07-01, 22:21

Oh - to answer the poll, as much as I wanted to be able to tell my grandkids I bought the iPhone on day one, I'm waiting a few weeks so I can comfortably (guilt-free, as you would put it, Paul ) buy the 8GB model instead of the 4GB.

I don't even have that big of a music collection (although it is at iTunes Plus-equivalent bitrate). It's just that I've never had anything like the iPhone, so I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to use it. I guess I would ask you, Paul - how do you know you're not going to be watching any TV shows or movies on it? I know nobody ever thinks that they'll have time to watching TV when they're out and about, but who really plans to have to wait anywhere? I think the iPhone is a godsend for plane rides and the DMV and such.

Better safe than sorry, in my opinion. But you're a smart cookie, so I'm sure you'll have good reasons for whatever you end up deciding. Again, either way, you're still getting what Lev Gossman apparently considers "the best phone anyone has ever made."

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong