View Single Post
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-06-05, 11:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker
Yes, that did make sense. Thank you for that answer. I do not know why people think 20 seconds is so fast. When I timed it with a stop watch, it came in between 20-30 seconds. I would say the average time was 35 seconds. I was implenting that my powerbook can start up in 20 seconds. I was not saying it does that everytime.
ut check your Maths here... if your stop watch trial(s?) have your computer booting up between 20 and 30 seconds, then I don't think you can claim that the average is above this amount of time. The average would have to be an "average of the times you recorded" - most of which you state fall between 20 and 30 seconds - thus the average should not be above 30 seconds. Maybe it is a typo, or you didn't express yourself clearly enough, or perhaps I did not properly understand what you had written! Be wary of this when quoting times though, b/c people like to verify things they can quantify. In other words, the fudging of words and implied meanings can usually be tolerated, but most people do not like to see "fudged" figures.

I hope this make sense - of course I may have incorrectly read/intepreted your post - if I did so, then sincere apologies.

All I want is a simple life
twitter