View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-04-28, 13:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
yet you felt confident enough to dispute my own personal take on it from my experience... so it seemed to me like based on your polling data you were at the very least suggesting it was a compelling product and that i was wrong with my assessment.
You know what, you're right. You are as much entitled to your opinion as others are. However, you not liking your watch does not make it a terrible product. It makes it a terrible product for you. It being terrible for you does not make it terrible for others. With different use scenarios the folks I have talked to in person are in love with it, while you are not. I have the same explanation that I have for any product: Works for some, not for others. There is no such ting as "one size fits all". I have met people who could not figure out how to make a phone call on the original iPhone, where it could not get any easier on a device of that complexity. For them, it was a terrible product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
It sounds to me like the only person you talk to for feedback on the Apple Watch is Jim Dalrymple.
That's a bit of a reach, BU. I don't read Dalrymple. This comes across more as an unfounded accusation than a reasonable response. And yes, Gruber has had some negative things to say, primarily revolving around the inconsistency of the buttons and what they do. He has also raved about it, gone back and forth, etc. However, if someone needs Gruber (or Dalrymple) to tell them whether or not they want/need something, then I might suggest they get off the couch and take a walk down to the local Apple Store, try it out for themselves, and make a decision based on whether or not it works for them. It working (or not) for the likes of Gruber or Dalrymple (or you, for that matter) is of zero consequence to their own, personal experience.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)