View Single Post
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2006-04-03, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Heh. Yeah, complains first arose here on AN with the new Aperture page that scrolls horizontally unless your browser absolutely fills the screen (on a 1024x768 display).
- Note to self. Must not duplicate threads. Must not duplicate threads.. Must not..

About wide web pages.. I think it's just kind of a pain to a lot of us.. I have a 20" cinema display, and my day to day machine is a 17" PowerBook, but I seldom have my browser set that wide. It's not that I don't have the screen real estate. It's that I choose to use my screen real estate to display several windows (overlapping and side by side depending on what I am doing) and this kind of web page either necessitates the scrolling you mention, or filling all the usable screen with your browser. It makes me feel like I am blinkered: Either I scroll and feel cramped in the browser, or I can't see my other apps.

Either way it puts me in a bad mood and makes me less appreciative of what I am looking at!

Ah well... I suppose we should all get Dual 30" displays really! What am I thinking of!

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt