View Single Post
MBHockey
skates=grafs

2010-05-19, 20:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
iMovie '09 has it all over '08, that's for sure. I never really liked the previous iMovies, just because they seemed a little klunky and unnecessarily complex (for me). [snip]
Wow, really!? I absolutely LOVED iMovie HD 6. I found it really intuitive, easy to use, and fun. When they "upgraded" it to iMovie '09 or whatever it's called now it became completely unusable. I am 100% a consumer-level video editor and iMovie '09 is way too "consumery" (dumbed down) for me! In fact, I haven't made a single movie in iMovie '09 because, to me, it's so ridiculously frustrating and unintuitive.

I've been on the fence about purchasing Final Cut Express for a while now, just because it's so much more like iMovie 6 was (but obviously a lot more powerful.) The price is putting me off though. Maybe if it went on sale

But the fact that Apple is using the guy who headed the iMovie HD-to-iMovie '09 devolution to refocus Final Cut Pro has got me really worried about the future of Final Cut by, you know, pro users. I fear there may be bloodshed.