View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-11-11, 11:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Anyone who follows computers as much as we do knows that, and that isn't why I brought it up. The question is, does that mean there is only CPU model for all the (M1) equipped units, or is it that they don't want to show that there are different clock speeds between sub-models models? One of them clearly is, since it has a weaker GPU. That does leave us to wonder if there are not speed differences between models as well. Guess we'll have to wait for testing to know for sure.
For comparison's sake, I'm not sure Apple is going to release anything at all. They haven't on the iPad lineup, other than having an "X" model with more cores. Not sure how they are going to differentiate this going forward.

I would like to see something, but I don't think clock speed is going to be the answer, here. Or, perhaps they just want to figure it out for ourselves (i.e. Geekbench, etc.)?

When the 16" Pro drops, I'm sure there will be an M1x to talk about. It will have more cores of all types.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)