Thread: Wwdc 2021
View Single Post
Frank777
Veteran Member

2021-06-07, 15:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I was expecting more detail into certain features but they now how to cover so many unique OSs that it is hard to give as much detail on any one thing.
Yep. Apple is now primarily an OS company.

Quote:
I will say that them making FaceTime a Teams like platform is really nice. I don't see it replacing Teams, but nice to see inclusion beyond Apple products. Now they just need to figure out how to put a camera on an Apple TV (remote from iPad/iPhone like thing) so we can do family calls using the big screen instead of heading to a Mac.
Great another camera in my house.

It is a bit weird that FaceTime is just getting pandemic collaboration features at the end of the pandemic. Hopefully, this teaches Apple something about building in collaboration features for everyone instead of always going for user lock-in all the time.

I would agree that it's not likely to dislodge Teams and Zoom, because Apple has rarely shown itself to be any good at building competitive corporate software (iWork vs. Office, Aperture/FCP vs Adobe, etc.)

Quote:
Oh, and someone was recently asking for AirPlay to a Mac, that will be a thing for free now too.
That was me, and yes it's great to see it arrive.