Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2005-06-12, 22:23

Apple's computer line, circa 2007:

Desktops: Mac mini - Mac Cube/Power Mac Cube* - Power Mac
Notebooks: (iBook mini?**) - iBook - Powerbook M - Powerbook
All-In-Ones: eMac - iMac

*I think it's such a given, I'm not even putting paranthenses around it. I don't know what Apple will name it - if they want to position it as a more powerful consumer-oriented desktop, they'll name it the Mac Cube to capture the success of the Mac mini. If they want to capture the professional image of the Power Mac, they'll name it the Power Mac Cube (similair to how I'm predicting they'll name the prosumer notebook the "Powerbook M" - "M" and "Cube" serve as the prosumer equivalent of "mini.").

**I'm not as sure on this one. An iBook mini seems to be the next logical step for the "mini" line, and there is room for a 10" Apple "sub-notebook," but such a device would be primarily aimed at high schoolers and college students, who may want a bigger screen (although, who knows - small is in with the latest electonics, and the young adult market ate up the iPod mini, despite it not being as "practical" as the big iPod). I'm calling it the "iBook mini," because "Book mini" doesn't sound good.

Last edited by Robo : 2005-06-12 at 22:28.