View Single Post
Mac+
9" monochrome

2006-01-03, 15:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile
Where to begin?! To start, PM puts stuff in the /System folder and makes actual changes to files that the computer NEEDS to start up. So, if something happens to the program (like an uninstall fails), you are in deep shit. Seriously. It will render your computer inoperable. This is common practice on Windows, but it's seriously frowned upon in the OS X world. That right there is enough to keep me from ever using it again. (And I own a license to both PM and TMS.)

Also, it can't handle exceptions to repeating appointments. And the way it doesn't handle them is inconsistent. So you can't reliably tell how something will sync. Furthermore, since TMS has been upgraded to version 2, it's the ONLY syncing solution (iSync and Palm included) that sync the categories you've chosen on your handheld for your appointments (if you're using iCal and addressbook). In short, it's a shoddy program that "works" but TMS is a much better program.
Thanks tori.

The good lady inherited a hand-me-down of a Toshiba e570 and only yesterday bought her first ever computer ... 12"PB

I stumbled across PocketMac, but your comments have steered me away from it.

One question though ... will the Missing Sync for Pocket PC be able to sync iTunes songs for her ... or is it a matter of ripping everything in mp3 format and manually dragging them across to the Pocket PC - presuming this can be done in the first place?