View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-12-01, 19:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
Serious question...who was the last legit new member of AN (not a bot, not a shithead spammer, etc.)? How long has it been since someone signed up here and was legitimately joining to talk about Apple and stuff, actually stuck around, contributed/participated, etc.? Months? Years? A decade?

I ask because all I've seen, for as long as I can remember, are spammer types. Has the joint settled into its longtime, 2-3 dozen "real" members, and that's just who it is/who it's gonna be? Not complaining at all, just curious of any non-spammers sign up at this point? I can't recall any.
Brad could probably run a script and find out, but I can tell you from the Members List that it's been a very long time indeed!

Quote:
It seems the place is pretty much down to me, Ken, drew, turtle, 709, Ryan, chucker, Yontsey, Frank777, PB PM, Dr. Bobsky, Bryson, Dave, kieren, Mac+, thegeriatric, RowdyScot, Capella, Matsu, murbot and a few others I just can't recall at the moment. But I think it's less than 25 active members.
Yep, that's about it.

Quote:
I sometimes think/wonder about Robo, Eugene, Alcimedes, Windswept, Goldfrapp, Kickaha, thegelding, torifle and others.
Robo was around for a few posts a couple years ago. Alcimedes pops in around domain renewal time every year. Windswept showed up last September for a single post. Goldfrapp is off making a name for herself, but stopped by a couple years ago. Kickaha has been around quite a bit, lately, but I know he took a couple years off to break stuff. Torifile stopped by last August. Those others? It's been a long time.

Here's to the die-hards!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)