View Single Post
apple007
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2008-03-30, 18:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerman View Post
Yes they [Wal-Mart] lose some cash, but if they can maintain a good image to their customers by not treating them as thieves, even though some are, they will retain more sales, and be the "good guys". Would certainly make ME more confident to shop there, especially if somehow I accidentally DID walk out with something.
Wal-Mart actually claims to be saving money with the new policy since processing minor thefts was cost-ineffective vis-a-vis the hourly wage of the security people (and the possible distraction of their security staff from catching bigger thieves).

They're still busting as many shoplifters as possible; they're just sending the small-time thieves out the door with a warning instead of spending hours with the police, etc.

As for the music tax idea, it seems absurd. Would I have access to a virus-free catalog of music, or would the tax simply allow me to search the corners of the 'net for pirated music posted by third parties? If only the latter, the tax is not only absurd, it would probably be deemed illegal by the courts.