View Single Post
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2013-02-10, 07:41

I don't think we'll be seeing a see through iPad any time soon because I simply can's see a reason for it to be transparent. Impressive as it looks, what's the point with it? I'm pretty sure that all those people who blame Apple for choosing form over function would have feast on that thing if it ever happened.

Regarding wearable devices there is definitely some questions that haven't been answered and which I would like to see Apple have a go at. Google's Goggles sound great on paper, but as you note, if a Bluetooth earpiece looks dorky what is a pair of Googles not going to look like? There's also the issue about how most people who wears glasses very much prefer very light weight glasses. This doesn't seem to fit well with taking something akin to a smartphone and hanging it on your ears and nose. Maybe the answer would be to put the processing unit in your pocket and only have the interfaces in the goggles? And then it would still be weird for someone like me, who hardly even use sunglasses, to get used to wearing glasses as often as I would have my phone on my person. In that regard I think the smart watch is more likely be successful if someone can come up with a user interface that rivals that of the smart phone.

And yes, you may be right about your quibble. Maybe I should have used "product idea" instead of simply "product" to underscore the half baked nature of the competition.