View Single Post
MagSafe

2007-10-22, 15:24

Got my new iPod up & running

It's far better than the old plastic design, in my opinion anyway. It feels so much nicer to hold than my old 60GB, maybe because its a lot thinner, but the aluminum is definitely an improvement on all counts.

I'm quite suprised at how much i'm using CoverFlow, it is so much quicker to just flick through until you see a cover you like the look of and turn it over to select a song. I've upgraded to firmware 1.0.2 and I can safely say the CoverFlow is seamless in scrolling through my 100+ albums/singles collection. It is a bit slow at fetching the cover art, but as they are such high-res images (practically all of my album art is from iTunes), I guess this is understandable since its still a hard drive.

A few small things i've noticed -
  • The new interface is extremely fast, it isn't slow in the slightest and is a big improvement, it doesn't get in the way at all.
  • The scroll wheel is a lot nicer to use now, i've heard a few people saying it's annoying to get used to but i've managed in only -30mins.
  • The video quality isn't really as big an improvement as i'd thought, although I have only watched podcasts on it so far.
  • The "Podcasts" menu is now on the home screen (on the iPod Video 60gb you had to go to Music > Podcasts, or Video > Podcasts)
  • I really like how it now shows the rating of the song your listening to, its a good reminder that you haven't rated it yet.

I've yet to try it in my car but i'm pretty sure it'll work, I checked there was a 30gb dock adapter, so I can't see it not working on a technical side.

Thanks for all the replies,

Steve.

P.S Answers on a post card please on what you think the album is on my iPod

Find me on Twitter: @StevenMcLintock