View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2010-08-01, 08:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Does the wallpaper/background spin around (and the app icons re-orient themselves) on the iPad? I honestly had no idea. I just thought you used the thing horizontally when it made sense, while in a particular app (movies, etc.). But are you saying the home screen itself (the icons, the top time/WiFi/battery status bar and Dock) all turn sideways (horizontally oriented), along with the wallpaper?

That would get aggravating. Do the icons realign themselves or "fold back" and and lay out differently, then? I think I kinda like the iPhone approach, where the home screen remains vertically oriented at all times, and you only turn the thing sideways when you're in an app that supports or requires it.
Yes. And what kinda sucks about that is that the Springboard icons change their arrangement. (iOS 4 has a similar flaw in Folders: the mini-icons show a 3x3 grid, but an actually open folder is 4x3 — so not only does it not necessarily show all icons; as soon as you have more than three in one folder, it arranges them differently!)