View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2010-08-01, 09:33

Yeah, that's where I was coming from...it's a bit of a usability issue, and a small stumbling block to speedy, efficient iPadding. Yes, if I add or remove apps on my iPhone, the icons shuffle themselves around accordingly. But a) I don't do that much, and b) when I get on iOS 4, with the folders, that might not be so much of an issue (I plan to corral a bunch of things together into sensible, categorized folders and try to get my 3-4 home screens down to two).

But when I turn my phone sideways, the home screen stays put, and icons don't shuffle around. That would truly drive me crazy. You'd think, in all their wisdom (and ability to add various features and preference settings) Apple would have some sort of "Home Screen always remains vertical" pref setting for those who preferred their stuff not move all over the place, and look different, every time they tilt the iPad. Maybe that'll be in the iPad version of iOS 4?

Sorry, not derailing thread (in my defense, I'm not doing schtick or wandering too far out-of-bounds)...I truly didn't know the iPad worked that way.

Carry on...I'm done (sorry, Dorian).