View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-04-29, 10:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
I work in retail, and I sell adapters. That people continue to pop in on a regular basis trying to adapt their FW400 and 800 audio interfaces and external drives to Thunderbolt 3 tells me what I need to know.
My apologies.

I really would've thought FireWire is passé by now. I barely see it mentioned any more…

Quote:
And, while VGA is not built into much any longer it is still a thing with legacy monitors, a fact that has cropped up over the last year as people try to resurrect any electronic anything to get their home office/school working.
Sure, but we must be talking monitors that are, like, 15 years old at this point?

Quote:
Are you interpreting my list based on what you can currently buy, or what people have lying around? Those two things are not the same.
I guess the "I still have this and need to interface with it somehow" slightly changes things, sure.