View Single Post
beardedmacuser

2010-10-21, 03:34

Thanks for the replies, your suggestions echo many of my thoughts. The iPhone 4 is a fine device indeed, but the 3GS is likely good enough. The choice would be simpler if I were the type who replaced my gear regularly, but it's only in the last month I've realised it's time to replace my first gen iPhone. I have a feeling I'll let my finances dictate the decision; I'll have a sit down next week and figure out exactly what I can or can't afford.

I know the camera on the iPhone 4 is a huge improvement but I've almost grown fond of the lo-fi photos I get on my old iPhone. Is that crazy? I've taken some fun snaps with the help of the Camera+ app.

I was also realising that the extra cost of the iPhone 4 will be less than ~£130 as there is no way I'd buy the 3GS and not buy a Vaja case which are at least ~£50.

I don't know! I keep convincing myself one way and then the other, round in circles! One thing I will most definately be looking forward to is being able to use any pair of headphones that come to hand; the recessed headphone socket on my old iPhone was a bit of a pain.

Paul, as an iPhone 4 user, do you keep your phone in a case? I know two folk with iPhone 4s and both use them without any form of protection. I guess they're pretty solid.

Oh, is there any substance to the rumours that slightly revised iPhone 4s are now hitting the shelves, with either modified circuitry or antennas or coating or something like that?

Cheers guys!