View Single Post
chaos123x

2005-06-09, 16:44

yOU LOCKED MY MOTHER FUCKING, THREAD FOR WHAT?
i Started a thread so ALL THe OSX on regular PC ideas would only be on one thread.
WELL FUCK YOU IM OUT
THINK SECRET SUCKS ANYWAY, after they got sued by aPPLE.

peace

So Ok we all know as soon as any X86 version of OSX is available every Linux geek and hacker will stop at nothing to get OSX to run on any old intel hardware.

No matter what Apple does to lock out Non-apple hardware, OSX will be running on MANY non-apple hardware systems. THEY WILL FIND A WAY!

Sure only a few hackers will figure out how to do this, but thousands of file sharing people will have their hacked copy. I mean how many Windows users do you know of that actually bought their copy of Photoshop? Bought the music they downloaded on-line? All those people will have their free version of OSX running on their crappy dell as soon as the hack is available on Bit torrent or whatever.

So what I say is that Apple becomes the next Microsoft and LET PEOPLE USE OSX on their crappy DELL PC's!!!

What?!?!?!?!? Apple will never do this, they are a hardware company!!!!

Well maybe so, but becoming the next microsoft is much more profitable!
Apple does not manufacture any hardware in-house anyway, so if the hardware takes a nose dive it won't hurt that much. Let's face it anyway Apple hardware is going to a HUGE nose dive until Intel hardware is released and fully transitioned anyway.... they need to recoup their loses. Apple is more of a software company now days anyway... I wouldn't really call them a hardware company either They are like a Design company.

HP, Sony and Dell are practically banging on Steve Jobs door demanding that he give them OSX right now... would it hurt that much to give it to them? I mean Steve gave the Ipod to HP with no problem, so why not OSX?

But if Apple did release OSX on all Intel machines... would apple hardware really stop selling??? I say no... Look at Alienware they produce high end PC's with cool cases just as Apple does.. and they make a mint without there own OS... Plus Mac purist will only buy official Apple hardware (except the ones who are Power PC nuts too, they will hold onto their G5's until the next decade).. So apple is making money from all the other Big OEMs with software (like Microsoft) and also selling its own hardware systems with a Power line (with Alienware like sales) and the low end Imac sales (DELL like sales?).

Not to mention all the Ilife sales and FCP Studio sales on Non-apple hardware.

They will be making money on every front!

But wait... Consumers only buy Windows because it is the Standard... but all those Windows users know that Windows sucks (spy ware, Viruses, BSD's, Spaghetti code, you name it! Windows sucks) . So how will people get to know that OSX is much better than Windows?..............

Well first as mentioned above, almost all OEM's will want to offer OSX and Windows to their costumers, they might push OSX more than Windows because they hate how Microsoft dictates almost all of their business decisions and want another choice. That’s the first step... but that step does not equal Apple world domination.

Then what would? Read the title of the Post...

OSX Subscription?

Yup that’s right!

But nobody would pay a subscription for an OS? Or would they?
They pay subscriptions for Virus protection, They pay subscriptions for stupid internet News websites, They pay subscriptions for AOL.

AOL hmmmmm AOL... ok we all agree that AOL sucks right?

AOL sucks but you can't KNOCK their Hustle...

what do I mean? Well let me ask you a question... have you ever had fight with CD's... ya know throwing them at your friends and the like? Where did you get those CD's... Do you have a Huge pile of AOL CD's sitting on your desk right now in all sorts of different packages aimed at different Demographics.. That say loudly on there FREE TRIAL!!!!

Ok you see what I am getting at??? a Free trial of OSX for PC users..

OSX could be touted as the ultimate spyware and Virus protector...
OSX could be touted as the ultimate geek system for NIX users...
OSX could be touted as the ultimate digital life system.

Ok now everyone in the world has about a stack of 50 OSX DVD’s sitting their desk all screaming try me,,, as their Windows program crashes for the 50th time that day,,, Do you think they might pop it in and check it out?

Ok so now everyone is running OSX for free! wait a second Apple is a company they can't just give out OSX for free! IS NOT FREAKIN LINUX!!!! I know that, you know that, and Apple knows that.

So have OSX stop working after 30 days or whatever without activation, OK... that sounds kinda good... but are the people that would hack OSX to run on non-apple hardware just gonna hack the activation the minute the trial cd gets in their hands? YES of course they will! WTF? then what's the point?

READ THE TITLE OF THREAD AGAIN

OSX Subscription?

YUP... Apple could offer a subscription plan for OSX... This would include yearly updates to OSX (tiger>Leopard>lion>OS11) yearly ILife updates, and a .mac internet subscription. They could also offer it with an Itunes subscription (kind of like napster's) and the much rumored Video Itunes store. You could also get new widgets and other things.

Shoot OSX already cost's about $200 a year, why not just make it $16 bucks a month, just connect to the internet at the end of the month, pay your 16 bucks, and download your updates and renew your activation automatically. (and it is cheaper then upgrading Windows if current prices reflect what Longhorn will cost)

They also release updates every time you’re connected to the internet to stop illegal use of OSX with automatic updates... EEP! (I know that sucks but it's would need to happen.. Adobe does something like this To FIX your program LOL but you gotta be stupid and download the fix yourself )

Ok so you are still not sold? What if Apple started to make every version of Itunes on Windows just stop working after such and such date... and a little message came up.. This version of Itunes is out of a date please go to www.apple.com to download your free trial of OSX with Itunes version 7.0 or whatever. Talk about an Ipod Halo effect.

Ok we all know that Steve killed the clones when he came back to Apple, so we are all pretty sure he won't reinstate clones... but I think OSX on other hardware will happen with or without Apples consent so I give Stevie a 2nd chance at a whack at the clones and finally give microsoft competition that is so desperately needs. Steve Jobs Episode II Attack of the Clones!

If this is done, it has to happen after a good 80% of OSX apps are offered in native X86 and it has to happen before Longhorn comes out and takes everyone on another 5 years of Windows hell. Also Microsoft office has to be released onto X86 apple first and then the next day.. Apple Announces OSX for everybody.

If this all happens this does not prevent you from buying Apple Hardware,,, I will always buy Apple hardware myself as the rest of you... But if OSX does take off really well after Longhorn is a complete failure, wouldn’t it suck if APPLE only offered OSX on their hardware and had a 90% market share! Talk about MONOPOLY... So we don't really want apple to get to big with OSX only on Apple Hardware in the end anyway. Also Remember every time someone goes to update their OSX they go to www.apple.com and see all the new Apple made shiny new MAC’s giving apple even more sales.

If this does not work at all, maybe will have a OSX preview people can try on their crappy PC before going out and Buying that Shiny new Apple Macintosh

Last edited by chaos123x : 2005-06-09 at 18:08. Reason: THREAD FOR WHAT?