View Single Post
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2005-12-18, 02:32

Alrighty.

1) I have the latest stuff.

It's not that I'm complaining about it being slow, I guess I'm just looking at an excuse to buy a new one. And I was looking for some opinions on whether its worth it or not to upgrade it RAM wise.

2) I've had problems with this 'Book since I first bought it. Screen issues, logic board issues, and an inability of any tech to fix it properly.

I keep the thing in tip-top shape - software wise (running permissions, upgrades, most of the stuff in the sticky over at the Genius Board), as well as hardware wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratt
I really think that swapping out youur harddrive and adding some ram should solve *all* of your problems for at least another 12 months, minimum.
I can't argue with that statement, its 100% true. At this point I'm simply weighing the options - its still an Apple Care for a month or so too - whether I wanna drop around 300-400 bucks on it. I figure $100-125 for HHD, and about 150 per chip of 1 gig RAM. I think I'd rather invest that in a new one.

Ahh well, I got my answer nothing gets changed unless I come across a real cheap chip that happens to work.

Thanks guys.

User formally known as Sh0eWax