View Single Post
applenerd
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-05-15, 20:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes
You know applenerd, if you didn't like how threads were closed, or for that matter anything else regarding how the site is run, you're more than welcome to submit feedback.

There's the feedback forum or PM's to the mods/admins of the site. Creating an account, specifically to attack a person, while offering no useful feedback doesn't help anyone.

After looking through your posting history, I didn't see any glaring examples of what you're referring to with your new badbrad account, so please fill me in.

Now, since we're no longer pretending that you're a user who just registered their one and only account, and "sacrificed it for the good of all" (I see you tried to kiss a little ass with your applenerd account), do you have any constructive criticism?
Constructive criticism. Yes I do. Don't shut down so many posts. For example, after the feb 28 disaster you shut down all of the posts saying the event was passed. This is such a controlled environment. A forum as defined by wordnet (from princeton): a public meeting or assembly for open discussion. OPEN discussion. Why are you shutting things down so often. I really don't understand it. I am not personally mad about anything done to me (accept that I am now a pinjata [or however you spell it], although some would say I deserve that, but lets not go there), but I am dissapointed at how quick people are to shut down forums. Although I (or badBrad, or whoever) may have been a little direct with my criticism this site will NEVER improve when anyone who critisizes is turned into a "pinata". Nor will any academic disscusion take place if topics are shut down. I'm making my last stand here, and I am trying to provoke some intellectual thought. Someone out there agree's a little that too many threads are locked. The environment here is so controlled, brad could make us believe apple released its video ipod (uhoh, when they release that this thread may be outdated) by posting that and closing anything against it (a small exageration). I really think this site could be more pleasant.

BTW: I was unaware it was an's b-day, so sorry for the little party (or was it fun?)

This has all been very amusing, even with all the swearing aimed at me. Gosh, bill gates would love seeing us fellow mac users tear each other apart (or rather, just tear me and my good friend badBrad apart).

applenerd