View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2016-03-03, 21:11

Well, things are certainly getting exciting in the Republican universe! I can picture Romney and other GOP party leaders convening in back rooms to discuss how to take down Trump. Perhaps as a group, they came up with Romney's speech against Trump today.

It seems possible that at the very least they will try to bring about a brokered convention by combining all the electoral college votes massed by candidates "other than Trump" to try to come up with a party nominee "other than Trump."

Romney says he doesn't intend to run, but he would be so much better a candidate than Trump, in terms of the sheer decency and decorum that people generally hope to find in the occupant of the Oval Office.

As has been obvious for some time, Trump acts like a low-class person, perhaps because he *is* one. He didn't have to act that way, but I guess that's the kind of behavior he was raised around, and so that's how he conducts himself. He should have gone to finishing school, to learn some manners and how to act like a person with class.

I guess such schools, if they still exist, are, or were once, found in Europe, maybe Switzerland; and are/were intended for young girls as they headed into their teen years, to be taught how to conduct themselves like young women with class. Too bad such a school was not available to Trump as a young teen.

I can't imagine how the Republican convention will be. If they do try to keep Trump from being the party's nominee, God only knows what Trump will do and say in response. I even heard commentators saying GOP leaders might try to lock Trump out of the convention! Holy moly!