View Single Post
Dr. Bobsky

2017-03-28, 10:36

The thing is: conservatives don't care. If saving a life comes at the cost of being cajoled into paying for it, they'd rather that person die and then to justify this abhorrent selfishness they find some fault in the other person hence why they are justified in feeling this way (they were lazy, or I worked hard to get my health care and they didn't, or they were insane, or their were family deficiencies etc.)

I say this will a full recognition that I am generalizing here, but every single piece of shit legislator who justifies these types of acts (all of them conservative, mind) sell this same bill of bullshit to their constituents and those constituents lap it up as if it were so utterly obvious we should let people die in trash heaps in the gutter.

But the emotive 'I care that people are dying needlessly in a society of plenty because we've created actual barriers, real and abstract, to acquiring healthcare in a timely and effective manner' isn't the reason why this is so fucked up. It's that when you have a larger pool of people getting sick, every single individual's chances of getting sick get worse. The real selfishness here (and sometimes selfishness can be used as a justification for a reasonable act) tells me that I should push to make other people healthier just so I don't get sick. Yeah, yeah their are side benefits to the others, but fuck 'em, it's about me and I don't want their uninsured germs getting in my food or on my shoes. So screw the asshats and douche canoes that think that are operating in their own self interests by shitting on other people -- their shit ends up in my soup regardless of how stable my life is.

Last edited by Dr. Bobsky : 2017-03-28 at 12:36.