View Single Post
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-12-17, 19:31

I have serious misgivings about a lot of this. Like 709, I had assumed the new world would be generated around CC, which would continue to be developed as a city center (including the already awesome animal farms, exchange etc). Ditching CC, as once again seems likely to be the case sets us back. The 'new map' feel isn't making up for the repeated loss of construction time or gathered resources. I don't think we should be looking for maps in which entire biomes can be claimed for a single person, as this simply leads to large areas of unused sterile terrain. So if in-place saving of this world proves to be anethma, I stand with 709 in seeking to preserve CC as the core of our new world. Perhaps instead of settling in a plains biome, we can move as a whole into a messa (which is certainly very different than anything present previously). Call it Sedona II and make a nice nether link between the cities...

[Recommendation: to keep multiple city centers active divide the market up across civilization, CC can have common resources, the messa market stained clays, glasses etc. a nether market with relevant components etc etc. This will keep people moving through the various centers of development without forcing them to start over again]...