View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-12-20, 15:33

I've been busy all week, and I'm just now catching up on things.

Although it would be nice to keep the new Biomeapalooza structures and loot, it looks like keeping Cashout Cove intact is the more favored option here. So, later this evening, I'll be shutting down the server, wiping the world, and restoring the center nine regions of Cashout Cove from before we started 1.7.

I won't bother moving the spawn. I would ask everyone, though, to please don't go hiking away for thousands or tens of thousands of blocks in the name of exploration. In just the last week, the world has grown to 894 MB, and that kind of growth is absolutely unsustainable. To compare, the preserved regions of CC account for a "mere" 46 MB, and that's a surface area of 2.3 million blocks. The entirety of the CC world before trimming to the town was still just 434 MB. I don't want to use a plugin to force a cap on the navigable distance from the origin, but I'm looking into it because I may have to.

You will lose your inventories; the player files need to be deleted for this to work. The end and nether will also be wiped.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.