View Single Post
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2011-04-27, 14:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
On a 2x2 grid, going straight across the top from one top corner (the UFO?) to the other (the hockey rink?) takes half as much time as going halfway down, then across, than back up. I think it's fairly inevitable that people are going to eventually be building things closer to due north and south of Bridgeport; we don't want to keep expanding the map and those rails would encourage us to use those parts of the map that we already have.
Understandable. The problem I encountered with the outside W/E lines is that their placement isn't as obvious as the N/S lines. I think we should stick with the H and when it becomes necessary (because, I agree with you: it will) to build more E/W lines, we can.

Quote:
I'm not saying we have to build the additional three lines first, or anything, but I think we should allow for a future N/S-through-Bridgeport line in our station plans. At the very least, I don't think we should call the "bridging" line Purple, as if it'll always be the only one. (White would be my pick for the W/E line through Bridgeport. I mean, just look at the word: WhitE. And then Black could be the eventual corresponding N/S line.)
But... PURPLE!!

(Sorry, but those are the only purple smilies )

At the end of the day I don't really care about the colors, but I thought that having the purple line connect the red and blue lines was clever. I also love purple. Although I will admit: the White Line sounds pretty cool. I would go either way.

Don't get me wrong, robo, I think that your ideas are great and they're basically exactly how I would layout this system. But I strongly believe we should add lines as necessary, rather than simply laying track everywhere. Better to start simple and iterate then go all out and have to change it later I'd rather have an elegant skyrail that hits key locations than a complicated one that goes to every nook and cranny on the map.

Although, I don't think that an N/S line crossing Bridgeport is necessary. The Blue Line is right there. I think we should be trying to limit the amount of wood in the sky for aesthetic purposes.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.

Last edited by Kraetos : 2011-04-27 at 14:26.