View Single Post
Is it 1981?

2016-09-15, 14:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Neutral
- New unlock procedure. Not a bad change, took me a few times to get used to it, but since using touch ID slide to unlock hardly got used anymore. The bad, I can no longer unlock my phone if my fingers are wet or dirty. It takes forever before it finally brings up the keypad to enter the password now rather than after three attempts.
I couldn't get used to it; but there is a way to revert the Home button to its original behaviour.

Quote:
- Messages. Did they really have to make the send button smaller? People with big fingers must hate this change, for me it’s okay.
Agreed. On a related point, the text entry field (on 4-inch screens at least) has been reduced in width so much that I've occasionally pressed the microphone button when I've wanted to start typing. They're really pushing the Digital Touch feature, aren't they?

Quote:
Bad
- Music App. When Apple made changes in iOS9 I asked myself, can they make this app any worse? The answer in iOS10, yes they absolutely can. In a future update I hope they let user change the text size, at least in iOS9 I could see the top 8 playlists, now only 4. Seeing the lyrics now requires pressing a button and scrolling way down, rather than just tapping the artwork. It's just the little stuff like this that bugs me.
Yes. YES. FUCKING YES. It looks like it was outsourced to Fisher Price and designed for Mr Magoo + Hans Moleman. I'm sure they'll refine it, but I hope it's sooner rather than waiting for iOS 11. The iOS 8–9 app (and the OS in general) was gorgeous.

Quote:
Anyone holding onto iOS9.3.5?
I reverted back to iOS 9, but realised I didn't have an up-to-date iCloud backup before upgrading to 10, so I lost a handful of iMessages, Voice Memos etc. Irritating, but not as much as using iOS 10.

Helvetica is my bitch.
System: 27" iMac i7, 2TB, 8GB RAM, Mac OS X Snow Leopard