View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2020-10-16, 07:20

Well, there are 20 variants this year, compared to 17 in 2018 and 16 in 2019.

Is that bad? Not sure. I think it'd have been better if they had killed off the Xr. Weird to leave that around in between the SE and the 11.

It's also a bummer that the 12 is now costlier than the 11 when it started, and even than the XR when that started. They're filling that slot with the mini instead, but… it does pain me a little. (But maybe I'll get a mini next year anyway? Not sure.)

OTOH, as Yontsey said, the actual buying experience hasn't really changed much. You choose 12 or 12 Pro (just like with the 11 Pro and the XS, the differences aren't really that massive; it's more of a "get future features early" kinda thing), and you end up on a page with way too much scroll-jacking to my taste (but that's also nothing new). Then you click Shop. mini vs. 12 (or Pro vs. Pro Max), color finish, carrier, storage size, optional trade-in.

The mini option is obviously new here, and the carrier rebate thing is annoying. Other than that, seems mostly the same.

There's a "As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini do not include a power adapter or EarPods. Please use your current Apple power adapter and headphones, or purchase these accessories separately." note, which… OK, but why aren't there buttons there to add those accessories? Seems needlessly cumbersome.