View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-11-10, 18:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Jason Snell kind of dug into this. He speculates part of the reason the iMac G4 arm didn't make it to newer Macs (aside from a lessened version in the 6K display) is that, due to physics, it worked well for 15- and 17-inch models, but 21- and 27-inch models simply are too heavy.

As for colors, not looking good based on this first batch of ARM Macs. Grey, darker grey, gold-like grey.

OTOH, there's the iPad Air, and maybe we'll see some of that?
To be clear, I'm not expecting/wanting the exact iMac G4 cylindrical chrome arm, but just something that allows for nice adjustability. Even a cheaper, "dumbed down" version of what they're using on the Mac Pro and its accompanying display, or some new design altogether. That thing holds a large 32" display, something no iMac is ever going to come with (anytime soon). But if it just adds cost to an already pricey machine, I'll pass. The iMac does tilt up and down, so I guess that's enough. The iMac G4, with the raise/lower and swivel/rotate just spoiled me, and I've longed for that sort of thing to return again...but, after 16 years, I'm likely pissing up a rope and just need to move on, I suppose...

Also, I'm not calling for colors and all to come back. They had their time, and it worked with the materials, shapes and "fun" of that period. I'm okay with silver and space gray.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-11-10 at 19:20.