Thread: iPhone 13
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2020-11-30, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I sometimes like to imagine what Steve would think about the iPhone at this point.

Did he ever expect them to get this popular and change the landscape so much? He hinted at it on that 2007 introduction at MWSF, so I think he might've believed they were truly on to something. But he died in October 2011, the day before the 4s was unveiled. Which means he was never around for the taller 5 models and all that came after.
I don't think he knew it was going to be this massive.

We do know he wanted to prevent another Macintosh (you can see that in the same presentation, with the "and boy, have we patented it" line), where he launches a leapfrog product that ultimately doesn't become a major force.

Quote:
I'd love to know his thoughts on it all - all the new (and larger) sizes, the pricepoints (especially the $999+ stuff), the cameras they have, etc.
Good question. He may not be that happy with all those choices.

He might have veto'd the iPhone SE and Watch SE.

Quote:
Would he have imagined the accessory and add-on markets, and the presence of these phones everywhere, including all throughout entertainment in a way even the Mac never fully enjoyed, and just everything they've come to represent?
Well, he did see the proto version of that in the iPod. Remember having dock connector alarm clocks in hotel rooms?