View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2014-02-03, 20:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookepaige View Post
Well I am addicted on playing the King of Legend! I don't know but it keeps me awake all night just playing this stuff.

Any idea how can I get out of this addiction? I know this is not really good as I miss a lot of sleep at night!
Why not make a list of all the negative consequences that could/will happen because of all that lost sleep and all those hours spent on just one thing.

Make another list of all the goals you *could* accomplish in your life if you weren't spending so many hours on one thing.

Then, read both lists once an hour during the night while you're playing, and set the goal of going to sleep a half hour earlier each night (or 15 minutes earlier, if you're really desperate). Set another goal of doing *one* thing in the morning that is a fairly easily achievable step toward one of your main goals.

Get in bed right after reading the list so you'll be motivated to start changing your life for the better - while the negative and positive things and the "morning goal-step" are fresh in your thoughts.

This *might* work, but only if you're ready for change. To help get ready for change, think of yourself ten years from now, and think of all the hours you *could* have spent working toward goals that you *might have* achieved in that ten years, but instead spent in playing.

This kind of stuff only works when you yourself have set short-term and long-term goals that you want to achieve, and after you've decided on achievable steps you need to accomplish to get to your goals.

Good luck... and welcome to AN.