View Single Post
Ryan
Veteran Member

2006-05-04, 20:12

Axiom is one of the brands I'm looking at buying. Right now I'm looking at Paradigm, Axiom, Bowers & Wilkins, Energy, KEF and Onix Rockets. The Paradigms are at the top of the list right now, but I haven't been able to hear all of these speakers yet. I've read that the Rockets are better than the Paradigms for the money, but it's hard to audition them without a store to go to.

That's a Paradigm Monitor 11. A *very* nice tower, if anyone should be in the market for one.

Adding to what World Leader said, you need to get a good receiver or separates if you're going to spend that much on speakers. Something from Harmon Kardon, Denon or Yamaha would be adequate. I'm going the separates route myself, with the Outlaw 990 pre/pro and 7700 amp as my current forerunners. I'm also looking at Rotel and NAD.

Of course, you can't forget the subwoofer. I've never liked subs from speaker manufactures, though I haven't heard the Axiom EP600 (the one in the picture above). I say you always need a big SVS sub, but I'm sure most are happy with a smaller HSU or Velodyne unit. Subs from speaker companies don't tend to have the same extension, IMO.

That's 25" tall. SVS PB12/Plus, if you're interested.