View Single Post
Phoenix
formerly "trav"

2007-05-15, 19:19

Just recently i've taken a few risks in terms of my job and a few other things, and i was wondering what were the biggest risks others have taken as well.

To give you a bit more detail, i was recently in a job earning really good money, but i wans't really enjoying it much at all anymore. I decided it was time to up and leave the job, and now i have started to work for myself. I also decided i needed a move, so I'm moving to a bigger city. It was a massive decision, because the job was really well paying, and was in the industry i want to be in. Friends and family took a long time to understand (and some still don't) how i could want to leave something that paid so well, but to understand it, i think you would need to spend a while at the job. It became so repetitive, and the people that worked there were horrible.

I hope i've made the right decision, but i think i have because i am so much happier now. I am earning a little less now but that should change once i get settled in the new place.

I was hoping you could all tell me the biggest changes or risks you've taken and wether or not they worked out. I thought it might be interesting for one thing, but it also might help me see i've made the right choice.