View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-05-15, 22:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
Straight ta hell, baby!

Never mind me, I still don't understand.

To the OP:
I quit my well paying job too. I got tired of what I did and told them I wouldn't service the contract anymore after that current one was set to expire. I'm so glad I did too. I made the choice to go to college for the first time at the ripe age of 32. I'm glad I did too. I'm a stay at home dad with my stay at home wife and my stay at home kids. Problem is we don't "stay at home".

However, I get to be a family man and enjoy learning a skill I want, Photography. I started working with the college paper and just today have been promoted to Photo Editor! (This means I actually get paid now. )

Banana is right though, you have to pursue happiness. Sometimes it means taking steps of faith and even stepping back financially. I can tell you, last August I had no idea how good I had it until last September! Now I'm doing fine having had a few months to adjust. It sucks not being able to go out and buy the new MB, or a Mini for fun though. I wouldn't trade my time with my family for that money now though. Those things just aren't worth it. Life's to short to be a slave to something you don't enjoy or have any interest in.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.